Thursday, October 21, 2010

Do you read when you’re sick?

Ugh, the flu. Forty-eight hours on the couch seems like an ideal opportunity to get some serious reading done. But when I’m sick, I always seem to end up watching a zillion hours of television I usually wouldn’t even glance at. Reading requires investments of thought and energy that watching television doesn’t. Besides, if I have to get up to vomit or fall asleep sometime during the middle of a show, I’m not really missing anything, right?

What about you? Do you read when you’re sick?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I read when I'm sick. It is the silver lining on the dark cloud of sickness! Woo-hoo!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends upon how sick I am. If it's the vomit-type, I cannot. If I'm dizzy, I can't either. However, if I'm just sick in bed and can sort of put two thoughts together... I've made it through books.

    ReplyDelete